[bksvol-discuss] Re: If You See Duplicates

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 07:42:17 -0500

Jamie brings up a good point.

However, I think this brings up another question, how literal should we take
this?

One thing I do when I proof a book is to change the font size for chapter
headings so that they are navigable in a daisy format, which, in my opinion,
improves the book for bookshare users. Also, what about all those books for
pre-school kids with wonderful picture descriptions. In my opinion, again,
these are improvements to the bookshare collection rather than changes to the
publisher's intent.

All these changes would be abolished if a book of publisher quality came along
to replace them.

Bob

"A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for
it back when it begins to rain."