[bksvol-discuss] Re: If You See Duplicates

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 17:34:42 -0700 (PDT)

When the publishers started submitting their copies ones that the volunteers
had done were deleted from the collection, even though they were perfect (at
least I know mine was). I'm not sure how perfect rtthe PQ copies were then.
Have any of you downloaded one of each and compared them? Maybe it's now  a bad
thing to have more than one copie of a title in the collection. YOU can read
whichever is better. Except that apparently part of the del with the
publishers, at leasst some of them, was thatr the bopy that was not theirs
would be deleted from the collection.

My proofread copy of Delinsky's The Passions of Chelsea Kane is still in the
collection, but my proofread copy of  A Womanm  Betrayed has been replaced by a
PQ copy. Too bad they aren't the same titles so
 someone could see ow
 the PQ copy compares. Unfortunately, I can't remember what other of my work
might have been replaced, except probably some of the Princess Diaries. We had
to do those becuse the PQ copies weren't going to be available in time.

I would like to know from some of you if the PQ editions are indeed perfect.. I
checked a few other books I remember proofreading but there aren't any PQ
versions of them in the collection (except there is a PQ version of The
 Princess Diaries Diaries (vol. 1)I know it's a good thing for bookshare to
have books from the publishers but when  one has worked carefully on a book,
especially if it was a long one or needed a lot of work ,
one hates to see one's work be thrown out. smile

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List: