[bksvol-discuss] Re: Format Frustration

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 16:45:50 -0400

Kellie has described my situation exactly. If I had the money to switch, I'd have done it long ago. Having said that, Gerald, Jim, Pratik, and Jake have all helped me tweak my Openbook settings so my scans are pretty good now. Openbook can and does work well once you get rid of some of the default settings. K1000 produces great scans with its defaults, and I almost cried when my demo ran out. :( Still, Openbook does have the ability to scan well. Now I need to look on Jake's site to see if there is a helpful hint for Openbook users on adjusting their settings. If not, maybe I should write down what the gentlemen from this list have taught me. (smile)

Monica Willyard

On Thursday 9/14/2006 03:10 PM, you wrote:
Hi E,
One thing to keep in mind is that, even with K1k's excellent upgrade policy
replacing Openbook with K1k costs around $500. I know that I for one would
not find it easy to come up with this amount of money. So even if an
Openbook user agrees that K1k is preferable and would like to switch, it may
not be possible.