[bksvol-discuss] Re: Format Frustration

  • From: "Amy Goldring Tajalli" <agoldringtajalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 22:20:17 -0400

If you knew the nightmaare I have had after changing a book to rtf from k 1000 when my demo ran out. I tried using wordpad and wordperfect which is what I had in my computer and the print was too small for me to see and when I tried to enlarge the view all I got was overlap so bad that it looked like arabic script. some pages were readable at a 9 pt. font and some at 20. In wordpad all I got was read-only.

So I got a demo of open book and started with the original rtf from the k1000 and again I ran into the problem with readable only and when I could edit it sometimes they stayed and sometimes they disappeared. And even with openbook I kept finding extra blank lines between each paragraph and the number of blank lines seemed to increase exponentially. I finally had to sent the book back for someone else to validate the original Kurzweil scan I had done. Luckily, it had been accepted without my realizing it so that someone who knew about the length and difficulties with it was ready and willing to take it on and had K 1000 so the problems with the rtf format were irrelevant. I was sorry I could not do it but at least a great book will be available to readers in all of the bookshare forms. Thank heavens the .kes file was accepted.

Amy
omst

----- Original Message ----- From: "Monica Willyard" <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>