[bksvol-discuss] Re: Fair Quality Scans: No Longer Accepted

  • From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 15:11:37 -0500

According to Claire's message, it's actually 98.6 percent or higher. That evaluation is not done at the time of submission, but at the time of validation. At that time, if the rating is to be upgraded, the validator can - and should - explain why the book should be accepted even though it may qualify as Fair by the automated tools. I think this is what Pratik was saying, although he used the word "submitter" when I think he actually meant "validator".

The question is: Will the Bookshare automated quality analyzer automatically reject the book if it falls below that 98.6 percent rating, regardless of what the validator gives as reasons for the low rating such as lots of foreign words, made up names in fantasy books or whatever. I wonder how many of those kinds of books would still go below that rating if they were excellent scans to begin with. I would imagine that most books should be able to clear this bar without much trouble if they are scanned conscientiously.

Evan

----- Original Message ----- From: "robert tweedy" <roberttweedy@xxxxxxx>