[bksvol-discuss] Re: Fair Quality Scans: No Longer Accepted

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 09:16:41 -0600

I have scanned over 500 books and probably submitted 80% of them.  I have
also validated a number of other books.  My experience is that K1K quality
rating is usually extremely close to that of the Bookshare automated
rating.  Kurzweil is sometimes a little bit more conservative than
Bookshare in its quality rating.  G.

Guido Dante Corona
IBM Research,
Human Ability & Accessibility Center,   (HA&AC)
Austin Tx.
Phone:  512. 838. 9735.
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  http://www.ibm.com/able

". . . Maybe it was only those who were most certain they were right who
were guaranteed to be wrong. And that maybe, just maybe, those who
questioned the most were in the end those who came closest to being wise."
[David Poyer, The Command]