[bksvol-discuss] Re: Fair Quality Scans: No Longer Accepted

  • From: Julie & Miss Mercy <mercy421@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 14:48:40 -0500

Wahoo! Oh, thank you thank you thank you thank you! I know this is something we've all been wanting for a long long time! Take care.

--
Julie Morales
I sell Avon, All Mixed Up gourmet mixes and candles and other scents from Scentsational Delights. Ask me for more specific information if you're interested!

Claire O'Brien wrote:

Dear Bookshare Volunteers:

In our ongoing effort to raise the quality standard of the reading
experience at Bookshare.org, we are happy to announce that 'Fair'
quality scans will no longer be accepted. We feel that in order to honor
our commitment to offer the best reading experience possible for the
print-disabled community, scanned books must now meet the minimum
quality standard of 'Good' (98.6-99.3% words recognized by our quality rating and dictionary).

Our collection is largely built from our volunteer community, and we
value the contributions from each of our supporters. We hope that this
decision will improve the Bookshare.org experience for both our readers
and volunteers.

For helpful hints on how to produce better scans, please browse the
following resources:
The Volunteer Manual (soon be renamed the Scanning and Validation
Manual): http://www.bookshare.org/web/VMMain.html
Friends of Bookshare web page: www.friendsofbookshare.org
Jake's web page: www.jbrownell.com/bks/

Sincerely,

Claire O'Brien
Collection Development Manager, Bookshare
Benetech
480 S. California Ave., Suite 201
Palo Alto, CA 94306-1609 USA

claireo@xxxxxxxxxxxx