[bksvol-discuss] Re: Fair Quality Scans: No Longer Accepted

  • From: "Pratik Patel" <pratikp1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 04:55:22 -0500

Again, you have the choice of upgrading the quality of the book and
indicating in the comments section why you are doing so.  My earlier point
was that those submitters who choose to upgrade the quality without giving a
specific reason will have to be taken into account.  My solution to that
problem is to reject automatically those books who have been upgraded but
have no explanations attached to them.  The new policy seems to indicate
that Bookshare will no longer accept Fair quality books in the collection.
Obviously, Bookshare cannot, no should they, prevent individuals from
submitting books that are deemed to be fair by automated tools but, in fact,
are not due to the actual content.  Automated tools go only so far.