[bksvol-discuss] Re: synopses

  • From: "Allison Hilliker" <bookshare_girl@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 12:49:05 -0700

Hi,

I have been trying to monitor the new books page for such issues as
described below.  I especially hope to lessen the amount of synopses with an
over-abundance of opinion added to the summary.  I have been able to make
some changes and hope to continue to do so.

I agree that synopses are important.  I have been working to add them to the
textbooks I'm submitting even though I haven't actually read the books. I've
found that if I skim a book's preface or introduction I can write a fairly
accurate synopsis for the book.  So there's a tip for anyone who is trying
to summarize a nonfiction book.

Best,
Allison

----- Original Message ----- From: "Meka" <mekawh@xxxxxxxxx>