[birdky] Re: Sandhill cranes

  • From: "Kistler" <kistlers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lindacraiger@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'birdky'" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 22:00:14 -0600

We must have just missed you, Linda. Janet and I stopped at a few spots near
the Peninsula and the dam, turning up a nice mixture of waterfowl,
including:

6 black ducks,

2 widgeon

15 canvasbacks

5 redheads

2 n. shovelers

mallards (many)

We got to the fields near the Narrows about 4:15, and cranes were pouring
into the area by the hundreds. I did not attempt to count, but there were
easily 1000 birds. Linda is right, they afford great views right by the side
of the road.

Steve Kistler

Hart Co

  _____