[AZ-Observing] Re: Recharging

  • From: Stan Gorodenski <stanlep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 08:45:03 -0700

Dwight,
You are correct about not needing a super computer to do astronomy in
the field. I bought this for other reasons besides astronomy. Although I
have never tried seeing how long it will run on the battery alone, the
ad in B&H when I bought it says it has "9-Cell Lithium-ion providing up
to 12.8 hours per charge (94Wh)", whatever 94Wh means. The battery is
sort of an odd design. It sticks out about an inch beyond the laptop, I
guess to fit in all the 9 lithium cells.
Stan