[AZ-Observing] Re: Recharging

  • From: "Bill VanOrden" <beevo1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 14:37:27 -0700

Ditch the invertor, the conversion just wastes precious Ah's.

Get an adapter to go from 12v directly to the voltage your laptop uses,
Kensington seems to make good ones.

I know little about solar chargers and will not comment on them due to this
reason.  Any free advise I give in this area is worth exactly the price
paid.

FWIW, I routinely ran my setup two full long nights on a deep cycle flooded
acid battery.  Laptop, lighting to see the books etc and a loaded Atlas EQG
mount slewing around a lot.

You can pick up one of these and it will tell you lots of interesting
things:
http://www.amazon.com/Watts-Meter-Analyzer-WU100-Version/dp/B001B6N2WK

Beevo