[AZ-Observing] Re: Recharging

  • From: Stan Gorodenski <stanlep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 10:58:09 -0700

Thank you everyone who responded. I checked my pc on my car battery
using the programs I think are more computer intensive, and they ran
without the max 600 watt DC-AC inverter being overloaded. So, The max
amperage of 8.5A on the wall socket power supply is not reached. I also
checked with Renogy and they said their inverters only draw about 0.8A
to operate. I just placed an order for the portable 100W solar panels
(two 50 watt panels):
http://www.renogy-store.com/Renogy-100W-12V-Mono-Portable-Solar-Suitcase-p/kit-stcs100d.htm
It is about $60 more in cost than the single 100W panel, but I liked the
smaller portable size.
Stan