atw: Re: page numbering - which style to use

  • From: "Bob Trussler" <bob.trussler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 15:09:11 +1100

Thanks to all the people replying.

The 'books' are published as PDFs, either online or on CD.
The audience ranges from everyday users to technical types, depending on the
actual manual.

Although the roman numerals seem to label those pages as 'stuff you don't
want to bother with', I am pushing for the 1 to 999 approach.

Thanks
Bob T.

On 11/23/06, sapearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <sapearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I prefer A every time, but that may be because I have been
accustomed to sending out additional looseleaf chapters as
software modules have been developed. I have also worked
where looseleaf pages are printed from the change onwards
for chapters, thus potentially changing the page numbers for
sections and subsections within a chapter. Using method A
allows for a TOC to be generated and replaced according to
the modules purchased.

Suzanne