atw: Re: page numbering - which style to use

  • From: "Elizabeth Fullerton" <Elizabeth_Fullerton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 15:48:26 +1100

I think you can actually set the numbering scheme in PDFs to whatever
you want, if you have full Acrobat.

So you can do all your front-matter in romans, and Acrobat reader will
show it as roman, and you can navigate using romans. And then do other
sections in whichever numbering convention you choose. I think you can
even set up sections, eg 2-18 style of numbering.

You impose it over the file after you have created the PDF, and it saves
to the file (as far as I remember, it's been a while since I've done
it).

Regards

Elizabeth Fullerton
Business Solutions Architect