atw: Re: Return to previous position in text in FrameMaker

  • From: Michael Edward Granat <megranat@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 21:00:33 +1000 (EST)

Well Sonja (McS),

Here's a sneaky way that I developed, which works in just about
any software application on almost any platform.

Ctrl+Z (undo) quickly (and if needed) followed by Ctrl+Y (redo).

It always takes you back to what you just did in any application.

How about that one!

But you only get one shot at this in Framemaker ;-)

Cheers,

Michael Granat
Write Ideas

Quoting Sonja McShane <sonja_mcshane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>Date   Tue, 7 Jun 2005 21:58:21 +1000
>
>Hi all,
>
>I know that in Word you can use Shift F5 to return to the
>last position in the text you were in. But in FM, if for
>example you Ctrl Alt click a cross reference, after
>reaching the cross-reference is there a way to quickly
>return to the link?
>
>Sonja

Michael Granat
Write Ideas*
Carnegie, Victoria, Australia.
E-mail:         megranat@xxxxxxxx
Mobile Phone:   0419 502 378

*Trading As business #0828673K
Registered (1987) Corporate Affairs Victoria

Plain English Technical Communication.
Advertising Copywriting.
Business Writing.
Web & Direct Marketing Content Writing.

This E-mail has been virus checked with the latest available version of either
CA-Vet or AVG antivirus.  For your own peace of mind, please check this again
with your own antivirus software before opening any file attachments.

Any and all copyright, proprietary, registered and trademarked names used in
this E-mail and its file attachments are recognized as remaining the property
of
their rightful owners.

Private & Confidential.
Without Prejudice.