atw: Re: Umbrella companies

  • From: Michael Edward Granat <megranat@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 20:49:01 +1000 (EST)

Hi Margaret (P)

This has been discussed a couple of times on list under different
titles.

Two reputable companies of this type that I have heard of are:
The Consultants Exchange - CXC @ <http://www.cxc.com.au/>
Freelance @ <http://www.freelance.com.au/>

Check them out for a start.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Michael Granat
Write Idaes

Quoting margp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> Does anyone know anything about contractor umbrella companies in
> Australia?
>
> My employer has decided that she is sick of paying an agent and wants me
> to re-
> organise how I do things, and using an "umbrella company" is the latest
> suggestion, which I don't think I've heard of before.
>
> Is this something like Freelance, or a different beast? I've looked at
> Freelance before, so I know how that works.
>
> Any gotchas or warnings that anyone can think of?
>
> I guess the other option is to set up my own company, or take on a lot
> of extra
> paperwork myself.
>
> Any advice gratefully received.
>
> Thanks
>
> Margaret

Michael Granat
Write Ideas*
Carnegie, Victoria, Australia.
E-mail:         megranat@xxxxxxxx
*Trading As business #0828673K
Registered (1987) Corporate Affairs Victoria

Plain English Technical Communication.
Advertising Copywriting.
Business Writing.
Web & Direct Marketing Content Writing.