atw: Re: Return to previous position in text in FrameMaker

  • From: Peter G Martin <peter.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Craig Hadden <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, atw <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 09:40:46 +1000

Craig Hadden:
On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 09:37:26 +1000 (EST),  you wrote:
> Sonja wrote:
>> in FM... after reaching the cross-reference is
>> there a way to quickly return
>>
> Press Esc v P
>
> Note that the v has to be lowercase and the P has to
> be uppercase. You release each key before pressing the
> next e.g. don't hold down Esc.
>
> It usually works, but not always it seems. (So much
> for FrameMaker's legendary reliability, once again!)
>
> P.S. From microtype.com, you can also download free
> customisation files and instructions that give you
> (amongst other things) many useful toolbar buttons,
> including one that's equivalent to Esc v P. The
> customisation is a bit of a pain, because you have to
> edit .ini files, but once set up it's worth having.

Would strongly agree with this and recommend it.  For a
start, it comes with some extra docs which include
references to short cuts and "funny" characters of all
sorts.
The install docs that come with it are simple enough to
follow for the .ini customisations
Worth it for me for the Copy Paragraph Format and Copy
Character format buttons when you want to paste style
formats frequently..
Lots of other goodies.   And never had a problem with it.

--Peter M