atw: Re: Return to previous position in text in FrameMaker

  • From: "BJA" <bashley@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 10:52:10 +1000

Hi Michael,

I don't know why the silly reply (even for you) or the advice about trying
it sometimes because clearly you haven't.

Clicking on a cross-reference in FrameMaker (the original query) will take
you to the referenced location but Ctrl-Z will not 'undo' this jump. As has
been stated by others, Esc v P returns you to the jump point.

This is simply the reality.

I don't know where you are coming from with this because even Word does not
treat navigation steps as editable actions and therefore the undo, or Ctrl-Z
option is also not available.

Please test it before telling me I am wrong.

Cheers,

Bruce Ashley
Senior Technical Writer
Preston Aviation Solutions Pty Ltd      Website:  http://www.preston.net
488 Victoria Street                     email: bashley@xxxxxxxxxxx
Richmond VIC 3121                       Ph:    +61 3 9428 8899
Australia                               Fax:   +61 3 9427 1969
Setting the standard in software solutions for the global aviation industry,
utilising advanced simulation, scheduling, optimisation and visualisation
technology.
A subsidiary of The Boeing Company