atw: Hidden unemployment figures

  • From: "Steve Hudson" <adslyy5g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 10:28:57 +1000

I was recently one of these people that they rang. Here is where it got
interesting. When you read between the lines of their questions, each
question is designed to qualify you out of unemployment (UE). Have you been
sick? (= Medical benefits etc, not UE) Did you look after any family?
(Family carer / dependant, not UI) Did you look for fulltime work inside the
last week? Do you want fulltime work? Etc etc

Now me, I am not listed as unemployed. I have a home business that makes
over 100 a week. That's enough to not be unemployed.

Steve