atw: Re: National Broadband Network issue

  • From: "WongWord@xxxxxxxxx" <wongword@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 13:17:04 +1000

In a few years time a govt can privatise the NBN for who knows what ...$430
million?

I agree not everything needs to be privatised at all costs. But what I am
saying is that the current NBN doesn't mean it needs to be a public enterprise
for ever and ever if that is your economic/politcal bent.

But let's give the whole of Australia a fair go. I feel the need and I'm only
on the outskirts of Sydney.

I am originally from Tasmania and let me tell you that if it wasn't for ABC
radio my childhood would have been a far more isolated one. I would never have
been exposed to the information and entertainment what was available by a truly
national  broadcaster.

Irene Wong