[audacity4blind] Re: getting and Error.

  • From: "jim gamage" <james.gamage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 17:23:37 +0100

Hello folks,
I have solved my problem, without going into the peculiarities of my set up,
I have two computers feeding through a hardware mixer  fromline ins and
outs.
All this worked fine until I installed the latest version of Audacity, but I
now realise that the line in on the computer with the new version is the
culprit, if I unplug this, the problem is solved, I think it must be the new
loop option, not that I am using that when the problem manifests itself, but
I think it must be the cause of the noise, somehow I must have two input
sources on the same input.
Maybe I will get my brain around it and find a permanent solution so that I
can use the line in for recording, my microphone is sourced through my
hardware mixer. If not, I will just go into devices each time I load
Audacity. By the way, the noise has returned, so, I think David is correct
in saying that it's an intermittent problem.

Best Regards, Jim.