[audacity4blind] Re: New Audacity release

  • From: Thomas <mrnoisy98@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 06:09:26 +1000

+1!
on 9/10/2013 10:17 AM, Gene wrote:
Just because professional sound editors use Audacity doesn't mean it is a
professional recording program.  If a gourmet cook eats Corn flakes, does
that make it a gourmet food?  If you want to argue that punch in punch out
recording should be included, fine, but arguing that it is required
because Audacity is a professional sound editor is not a valid argument.

Gene
From: Gene <gsasner@xxxxxxxxx>
To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, September 9, 2013 1:05 pm
Subject: [audacity4blind] Re: New Audacity release

Audacity never has claimed to be a professional recording program.
Regardless of whether the feature should be added, and I'm not taking a
side in the debate, the argument that it should be because Audacity is
expected to be used in a professional environment is not valid.

Gene
From: Gale Andrews <gale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, September 9, 2013 12:29 pm

| From Daveed Mandell <daveedm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
| Mon, 09 Sep 2013 11:07:14 com0700
| Subject: New Audacity release
One question I have for the developers is, why is punch-in,
punch-out recording not available in Audacity? I would have
thought it would have been a funamental requirement for especially
professional recording. Thanks for passing this question on.
This was discussed extensively on this list back in May.

Please read here for how you can do punch-ins now:
//www.freelists.org/post/audacity4blind/Dropin-Recording,5 .

I've already added your vote for destructive punch-in
recording, so the votes will be taken into account when
new features are considered. I support the idea, but not
everyone on Audacity Team does.

Gale

Audacity keyboard commands, and m...

Audacity keyboard commands, and m...

Audacity keyboard commands, and m...

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein