Re: [artworks] ArtWorks 2.7 goes multi-page

  • From: Michael Gerbracht <smartmails@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 14:00:29 +0200

In article <341c3ecf4e.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Martin Wuerthner
<lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <4ecefb8ae3smartmails@xxxxxxxx> Michael Gerbracht
>           <smartmails@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > so it would be nice to be able to export the EW document as one
> > multi-page ArtWorks file and because Draw export already exists, it is
> > hopefully not that complicated to implement.
> It would be very complicated and I guess only a fraction of the users
> would really find that useful.

I didn't think that it is so complicated but generating draw files and
generating artworks files seems to be very different then? Anyway you could
still use the "save page as draw file" option to transfer content from EW to
ArtWorks so the time can be used more usefull elsewhere.

> > It would also offer the possibility to add background graphics to EW
> > documents if you specify that in the ArtWorks master page (if I
> > understand the way the multipage feature works in ArtWorks 2.7 correctly).
> Yes, that is how it would work. But if that was the main reason for
> wanting this feature, then adding a background graphics feature to EW
> would be far easier.

Yes, it was on the wishlist but only got low scores. I think because most
people don't need the "secret"-background (which is understandable) but they
didn't realise that much more could be done with a feature like this.

Michael