Re: [artworks] ArtWorks 2.7 goes multi-page

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 13:34:13 +0100

In message <4ec0594ce0Artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Richard Underwood <Artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 05 Mar, Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> ArtWorks 2.7, the next major version of ArtWorks to be released at this
>> year's Wakefield Show in May
> Snip
>> In contrast to word processors, which usually show all pages in a
>> scrolling view, ArtWorks 2.7 only displays a single page at a time,
>> which retains access to the complete pasteboard around the page.
>
> Does this imply that we will be able to use the pasteboard as a sort of
> visible "holding area" for objects irrespective of the active page?
> (working much like a clipboard)... that would be great.

No, the pasteboard is specific to each page. It could not really work
any other way, just consider objects that are partly off the page,
i.e., they are both on the page and on the pasteboard.

Of course, the behaviour depends on whether you are on a body layer or
on a master layer. Objects on a master layer appear on every page and
that includes objects on the pasteboard (do not forget that the
pasteboard is layered, too!). Of course, in order to get it onto the
page area you still have to use the clipboard because there is no
other way to copy objects between layers, even on the same page.