Re: [artworks] ArtWorks 2.7 goes multi-page

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 13:43:52 +0100

In message <4c7f5ac04e.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <4ec0594ce0Artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Richard Underwood <Artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Does this imply that we will be able to use the pasteboard as a sort of
>> visible "holding area" for objects irrespective of the active page?
>> (working much like a clipboard)... that would be great.
>
> No, the pasteboard is specific to each page. It could not really work
> any other way, just consider objects that are partly off the page,
> i.e., they are both on the page and on the pasteboard.
>
> Of course, the behaviour depends on whether you are on a body layer or
> on a master layer. Objects on a master layer appear on every page and
> that includes objects on the pasteboard (do not forget that the
> pasteboard is layered, too!). Of course, in order to get it onto the
> page area you still have to use the clipboard because there is no
> other way to copy objects between layers, even on the same page.

Actually, coming to think of it there is a way to copy between layers
without using the clipboard: With "Multi-layer" on and the current
layer set to the desired destination layer you can use the QuickCopy
tool to copy objects between layers. That way, you could copy from the
pasteboard of a master layer (which appears on every page) to a
page-specific layer.