[argyllcms] Re: [argyllcms]

  • From: János, Tóth F. <janos666@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 19:41:48 +0200

When I sold my i1LT to another U2410 user, I did this:
- I left the i1LT on the screen for some hours (I wasn't home but I set the
display to "burnin" mode).
- I measured the patches with the i1LT
- Right after it, I used the ColorMunki (which was acclimatized to the room
temperature, somewhere around 21-23 celsius) to measure the patches.
+ I repeated the last two steps with a different observer.
* I told him that he should warm up his instrument on the screen before he
start measuring.

-> So, he got a filter corrected i1LT with additional temperature related
drift compensation.
I hope he won't notice the green tinting of the H-IPS panel after the CIE
standard observer calibration as I did. :)
(I think he won't. It looks right until you have another display on the same
desk with different gamut.)

If ccmxmake would support ti3 input files, I would save the spectral data
from the CM and the XYZ data from the Spyder, so I would be able to create
correction matrices for any observers in the future.

But my experience with non-1931_2 observers are not good. I couldn't use it
with a WCG display where the gamut correction is based on the standard
observer coordinated.
So, it's useless for WCG displays. But I think you have a WCG displays
because you want correction matrices for them. :)