[argyllcms] Re: Recommendations to tweak ArgyllCMS profile to open up shadows?

  • From: "Brad Funkhouser" <brad.funkhouser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2014 09:44:58 -0600

Jerry,

Looking at various viewing light standards a while ago I remember the level
of light on the print ranging between 500 and 2000 Lux.  My viewing lights
put 1000 Lux on the print and my display brightness is 120 cd/m2.

I've found that trying to match prints to displays is very sensitive
business... viewing light & display brightness, white points, surrounds,
ambient light levels, textures, gloss, viewing light spectrum, angles, paper
optical brighteners... they all play significant factors.

Questions...

What rendering intent are you using when printing and what system are you
using for soft proofing?

Thanks.

- Brad