[argyllcms] Re: Recommendations to tweak ArgyllCMS profile to open up shadows?

  • From: <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 20:46:36 -0000

Am 03.12.2014 um 17:08 schrieb Jerry Chan:
> For soft proofing I am using the Qimage Ultimate (2014.250).

> Florian Höch
>I've a trial of that program, but I can't seem to figure out how to set
>it up for softproofing (setting a printer profile under "Job options"
>doesn't seem to affect the preview area above). Can you explain a little
>what needs to be done in that program to do softproofing (the online
>tutorials don't seem to cover the topic)?

You set up the printer/page (File/Printer-Page Setup), then you select an
image and set up its size, then you select the icc profile, then you click
on the Edit Page icon ... and THEN you click on Soft Proof.

Can you adjust the image at this stage? No.

Lightroom or Photoshop might be a better option :)

Robert

Am 03.12.2014 um 17:08 schrieb Jerry Chan:
> For soft proofing I am using the Qimage Ultimate (2014.250).

> Florian Höch
I've a trial of that program, but I can't seem to figure out how to set
it up for softproofing (setting a printer profile under "Job options"
doesn't seem to affect the preview area above). Can you explain a little
what needs to be done in that program to do softproofing (the online
tutorials don't seem to cover the topic)?

I have a feeling the necessary bits for softproofing aren't even there,
but I may be wrong.

Florian.