[argyllcms] Re: Recommendations to tweak ArgyllCMS profile to open up shadows?

  • From: Brad Funkhouser <brad.funkhouser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2014 19:24:41 -0600

Ben,

I agree that soft proofing is a sensitive endeavor fraught with complication,
and I don't personally rely on it in any big way.  But my art photography
lighting setup doubles as a controlled viewing area; in an otherwise dark room,
with a monitor parallel to the viewing plane in front and offset, and space to
back up and view original art, match print, and monitor all together, I just
can't help myself but experiment with getting all three to match, even though
it's not technically necessary for what I'm doing.  It's challenging and fun.

- Brad