[argyllcms] Re: Recommendations to tweak ArgyllCMS profile to open up shadows?

  • From: Alexey Gribunin <Gribunin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2014 11:14:41 +0300

Hello Jerry!

I'm facing with such problem from time to time and I developed some "magic passes" in EXCEL spreadsheet for such tweaks. I'm tweaking measurements itself, not profile. If you'll send me your txt or ti3 then I can do it for you. And then, if you'll like it, I'll describe it.

Best regards,
Alexey Gribunin, UNIT Color Technologies
Moscow, Russia.

On 03/12/2014 00:26, Jerry Chan wrote:
Seasons greetings fellow ArgyllCMS users

Could someone provide recommendations on how to tweak the ArgyllCMS
profiling process to open up shadows for printed output? Using Windows
7, ArgyllCMS 1.6.3 and printing to a Canon IPF6350 with genuine OEM inks
on various matte paper (Epson, Canon)

I have calibrated / profiled my dual monitor setup so they are a very
close match to each other. The three-quarter-tones to shadow areas
printed on matte paper are maybe 1 - 2 f-stops too dark compared to the
screens. Printing the same image on photo glossy paper is much better
(roughly 1/2 f-stop too dark in that region).

Results from ArgyllCMS / ColorMunki and ArgyllCMS / Pulse DTP20 printer
profiles produce very similar results.

Thanks
Jerry