[argyllcms] Re: RGB Printer profiling and ColorSavvy CM2C

  • From: "Alastair M. Robinson" <blackfive@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 10:18:05 +0100

Hi,

Graeme Gill wrote:

I was thinking that this type of approach would really need a user
request, for when they really, really want the best possible
result, and don't mind waiting for it.

Yep.

Actually, wedging something like this into a CUPS queue isn't all that difficult - thanks to CUPS being flexible enough to use shell scrips as backends. I've already created a "divert" backend that generates a flat TIFF from the input postscript code, runs it through photoprint to apply ICC profiles and output it in raw mode to the printer's normal queue. Adding an option to compute an optimal profile would be fairly simple.

As you say though, the user would have to not mind waiting - this diversion technique is already pretty slow!

All the best,
--
Alastair M. Robinson