[argyllcms] Re: RGB Printer profiling and ColorSavvy CM2C

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 11:07:54 +1000

Alastair M. Robinson wrote:

I seem to remember being told, however, that Argyll can create the gamut mapping based not just on the source profile's gamut, but on the proportion of it used by a particular image. That's a particularly intriguing possibility, but one that would perhaps necessitate a 3.6GHz
print server!

That's correct, but it's a rather under-tested feature, so it's behaviour and benefits could do with a bit more exploration.

I was thinking that this type of approach would really need a user
request, for when they really, really want the best possible
result, and don't mind waiting for it.