[argyllcms] Re: RGB Printer profiling and ColorSavvy CM2C

  • From: "Greg Sullivan" <greg.sullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 01:55:34 +1000

Gehard wrote:
> Generally, one should check the minimal patch size specified by the
> instrument manufacturer. Accuracy may suffer if the patch is too small,
> even if the instrument still seems to just fit on the patch.

Ah yes, good point. I haven't checked this yet. I would not be surprised,
though, if the patch size required in order to allow rapid
manual placement will exceed the minimum by a healthy margin, although
I agree that it's wise to double check this. I am not making the patches
"just large enough to fit the device" - I am making them large enough to
allow rapid placement.

Greg.