[argyllcms] Re: RGB Printer profiling and ColorSavvy CM2C

  • From: "Alastair M. Robinson" <blackfive@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 01:06:27 +0100

Hi Greg,

Greg Sullivan wrote:

Good to hear. :)
(and are you trying to tell me that my brute force 3000 patch target was a
waste of time? ;^) ;^)

Not at all - just that you've got more patience than me!

Seriously, though, it's possible that I'll eventually end up needing to make dozens of these for various combinations of printer/ink/paper - and at the moment can't afford / justify the cost of a more capable instrument. Ideally I want to be able to get "good enough" results while spending no more than 30-45 minutes on each one...

The 100-patch profile gave a very impressive error report when it was generated, of maximum error about 1.3 and average nearer 0.4. I forget the exact numbers now.

I would imagine, though I could be wrong, that these reported errors would actually increase with 150, 200 or so patches, as Argyll's ability to notice them would improve, and then reduce again as more patches are added.

Looking forward to your report on the glossy paper. (I've only tried matte
so far, with Argyll)

The target's printed, I'll read it tomorrow, after the print has stabilised (Epson R300, dye-based ink.)

All the best,
--
Alastair M. Robinson