[argyllcms] Re: RGB Printer profiling and ColorSavvy CM2C

  • From: "Alastair M. Robinson" <blackfive@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 18:27:53 +0100

Hi,

Gerhard Fuernkranz wrote:

I'm just surprised, that it even performs a mangling when printing to PostScript, since eventually, rendering PS to the printer's raster format with ghostscript, using a gimp-print backend, will apply color corrections again. So eventually they are applied twice. But obviously,

Yes, that is a bit odd - it probably shouldn't. To be honest, though, PostScript output isn't really what the print plugin's intended for. If a printer is supported by Gutenprint, then it's better to let the plugin generate the raw print data. The main reason for this is that Gutenprint's options have outgrown the PPD format!

as you explained, they can be turned off (unfortunately I cannot find this control in my installed version - probably too old).

Even with the current (beta) versions, it's not available until you explicitly ask for manual control.

All the best,
--
Alastair M. Robinson