[argyllcms] Re: RGB Printer profiling and ColorSavvy CM2C

  • From: Gerhard Fuernkranz <nospam456@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 09:15:07 +0200

Alastair M. Robinson schrieb:

The standard colour correction used in Gutenprint attempts to compensate for the differences in hue and luminance between printer C, M and to a lesser extent Y, and screen G+B, R+B and R+G respectively. This is done by converting the data to HSL, and using some parameterised curves to adjust the HSL values. H is adjusted, then the amount of S and L adjustment is determined from further curves, in respect of H. There are separate sets of curves for each family or generation of printer.

I'm just surprised, that it even performs a mangling when printing to PostScript, since eventually, rendering PS to the printer's raster format with ghostscript, using a gimp-print backend, will apply color corrections again. So eventually they are applied twice. But obviously, as you explained, they can be turned off (unfortunately I cannot find this control in my installed version - probably too old).

Thanks,
Gerhard