[argyllcms] Re: Displays with internal gamut emulation

  • From: János, Tóth F. <janos666@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 18:22:38 +0200

It is absolutely useless for real world displays and home users. :)

I used it for printer calibration because I had difficulties with ArgyllCMS.
(I didn't have any Windows software which can recognize and print the
created test patterns.)
It did a nice job with my printer. So, I tried to calibrate my display as
well (I already downloaded and installed the huge software package).
It took about one minute. It measured some test patches and created an ICC
profile (gamut from primaries, plus average gamma and WP interpolation from
a few points). I thought I accidentally skipped some process or I selected
some kind of "very fast" mode. But not, that was the full (advanced)
process.

May be it is nice and easy for professional displays with high quality
factory calibration (but those usually offer end-user hardware calibration,
so it is pointless again). But I think I don't have to mention that this is
useless for an U2410 with it's strange factory characteristics, and mostly
for home users.