[argyllcms] Re: Displays with internal gamut emulation

  • From: János, Tóth F. <janos666@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 23:21:13 +0200

The sample read error is a software bug, Graeme Gill wrote that he will fix
it soon.

As I said, you need to take a backup photo of the factory OSD and set the
Gains there.
Shut down your display and wait some minutes. Press and hold the 2. and 4.
buttons during you power it up and hit the 5. button when it lights up. Now,
the blue innolux factory menu should show up.
(Don't give up! These touch buttons are very annoying. I needed ~5 retries
before I made it. May be you should release the 2. and 4. buttons right
after you hit the 5. .... or not... I am not sure but it is not impossible.)
This menu will disappear after a power cycle or you can make it permanently
accessible if you turn on the Burnin mode (not recommended).
The 2. button is the "enter" there, the UP and DOWN are the same as they are
in the user OSD. You can quit with the EXIT option. (There is no dedicated
exit button.)

And be careful! You have to go through the presets to hit the EXIT. It will
change the active preset mode. So, you need to set the correct preset in the
user OSD again! (Don't forget it, or you will continue with the Cool or the
AdobeRGB preset after the EXIT...)

http://img12.tar.hu/janos666/size2/82809394.jpg )
9300: Warm
5700: Cool ; Movie
6500K: Standard ; Multimedia ; Game ; Nature
sRGB: sRGB ; xvMode
AdobeRGB: AdobeRGB