[argyllcms] Re: Displays with internal gamut emulation

  • From: János, Tóth F. <janos666@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 02:52:50 +0200

The "first" touch button is the first button above the power button, the
fifth button is the last one on the top.

Not so scary, but of course, you shouldn't do it if you don't trust in
yourself.
There should be no problem if you take a backup photo first.

So, the fist button will be useless in the factory menu.
The second one will be the ENTER
The third and fourth will be the DOWN and UP
The fifth will be useless again on the blue window. But this will open this
blue window again after you used the EXIT to return the normal OSD.
*** It may varies with firmware versions and may be my memory is erroneous.
But it is not hard to figure it out...

So, the blue window will pop up after the tricky power up sequence.
Navigate to the chosen preset mode (I already gave you a map) hit enter, set
the R with UP and DOWN buttons, hit enter again, set the G, hit enter again,
set the B, hit enter again. Carry on with the next preset.
I suggest you to set everything to 255 as a "format"/"reset" first.

Now, you may want to set the 6500K preset to ~6500K with instrument support.
Or not... it's your choice. I suggest you to leave them on 255 and do a test
calibration firs. If the result is good (you achieved a relatively good
contrast ration and natural gray scale -> leave it there ; problems -> try
to play with the Gains. I found them useless with emulated modes and
redundant with the Standard mode.)