[argyllcms] Re: Displays with internal gamut emulation

  • From: adam k <aak1946@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 10:49:42 -0400

Check iColor

Sent from iPhone

On Aug 22, 2010, at 10:45 AM, Marek Matulka <marek.matulka@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 22 August 2010 15:32, Juergen Lilien <jp.lilien@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Marek Matulka wrote:
>
> > Is there any spectrophotometer available on the market which I could
> > possibly buy and will work with argyllcms on Linux?
>
> ColorMunki Photo (cheaper) or i1Pro.
> The big question is, if such an expensive instrument is overkill for
> the U2410 with its often inconsistent (color gradient) panel.

I was stupid enough to go for a “better” monitor and don't really want
to spent another £299 just for a spectrophotometer...

so I see two options:

1. to sell U2410 and buy a cheaper one, which I could calibrate with
Spyder

2. stick to sRGB mode... and calibrate it using Spyder...

so for now I am going to check the option 2, will see how it works...

Many thanks,
Marek

--
http://marek.matulka.net/