[argyllcms] Re: Displays with internal gamut emulation

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 13:26:01 +1000

János wrote:

But the white balance is not correct in the range where the factory
calibrated gamut emulation fluctuates (it is a limitation or a defect of the
factory calibration, I guess - but it won't be a problem alone).

In the graphs you show, what is the horizontal axis - time ?

It seems weird that the emulation modes should vary where the
native mode doesn't. There isn't some sort of auto-ambient light
adjustment in play is there ?

So, I don't know what should I do.

I can see two solutions:
- Get access to the internal LUTs (unofficially ; I guess they work just
like the CG234w)

Sounds like the best solution. Leave the primaries native, and adjust
the transfer curves to have the sort of gamma you want.

- Reconsider this usual calibration process. (Get rid of the 100% R G B
measurements, or do more of them, I don't know.)

I'm not sure why you are focussing on the primaries. If they aren't
stable, won't every other measurement be unstable too ?

By the way, I have a ColorMunki Photo. (So, the last bugfix was nice. I like
this software very much now.)

There will be another important bug fix in V1.2.2.