[argyllcms] Re: Displays with internal gamut emulation

  • From: János, Tóth F. <janos666@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 00:37:06 +0200

And about the linked test...
They used an "of the shelf" colorimeter without the proper WCG correction
matrix.
Their gamut measures are erroneous, so as they had to miss the targeted
white temperature (badly).
I just know it as soon as I tried to calibrate it with my EyeOne Display 2
fist, that something is very wrong. It take a lot more time to figure it out
that this is the incompatibility between consumer colorimeters and the WCG
CCFLs, so I bought a spectrophotometer and everything is fine now.