[argyllcms] Re: Capture One Profiles

  • From: Maciej Bryński <maciek@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2013 08:21:09 +0200

2013/7/7 Iliah Borg <iliah.i.borg@xxxxxxxxx>:
> What are the values in the reference data file for the patches you used to
> set white balance?

I tried on this (it has the smallest a* and b* values)
GS11       14.77   15.32   12.62          46.07   -0.00    0.06
   0.16  176.17           0.81    0.81    0.81    0.81

A here is whole file
http://public.brynski.pl/profile/R130103.txt

> Why not to set white balance from the grey card used as a backing of IT8?

I tried but it wasn't as accurate as I want to (unfortunately C1 can
check only wb at point, not at area)

> Why do you think IT8 is a suitable target for camera profiling, unless you
> are doing reproductions of prints made on the same photopaper?

I don't know if is suitable. I'm trying to get best result form what I
have. But I have only it and ColorChecker Passport.
I'm not the professional photographer so spending 300euros for CC SG
is quite too much.

> How was the target lit, have you checked uniformity?

It was shooted using sunlight. I think it's quite uniform :)
http://public.brynski.pl/profile/it8.tif

Regards,
--
Maciek Bryński