[argyllcms] Re: CC Profiles In X Specification and dispwin

  • From: Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 10:59:55 +0100 (CET)

Am 15.01.08, 10:25 +0100 schrieb Lars Tore Gustavsen:
> On Jan 15, 2008 9:33 AM, Kai-Uwe Behrmann <> wrote:
> > Am 15.01.08, 14:14 +1100 schrieb Graeme Gill:
> >
> > > OK, I've added two new options to dispwin. One (-S) sets the appropriate
> > > _ICC_PROFILE property (Including taking care of the different properties
> > > used for multiple screens) and the other (-L) to set the video LUT to the
> > > calibration contained in the profile in the _ICC_PROFILE property.
> >
> > Good to read that setting the Xatom is optional.
> >

> > kind regards
> > Kai-Uwe Behrmann
>
> Are there any disadvantages by loading the Xatom?

Not directly. On a monitor related information request, Oyranos will set
the atom(s) on the fly. On the other hand Oyranos might use dispwin to
load the vcgt tag (the calibration part). I dont oversee, whether it leads
to conflicts or not.
Just expecting dispwin do only one thing seems safe to me.

Currently only xcalib is used from Oyranos, but I plane to check as well
for dispwin.

kind regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--