[argyllcms] Re: CC Profiles In X Specification and dispwin

  • From: Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 06:31:48 +0100 (CET)

Am 13.01.08, 14:53 -0800 schrieb Hal V. Engel:

> I also agree that Oyranos is the closest thing we have at this point to
> something that provides color management control panel functionality.  Most
> DEs are currently broken (IE. they actually screw up things like video LUT
> settings) or at best totally devoid of color management related
> functionality.  So almost anything in this area would be an improvement.    I
> am not sure how well the current Oyranos code has seperated its UI from the
> underlaying CM functionality but if this is already clearly seperated or it
> is close to that point then I think it would be a good starting point for
> adding a CM control panel to various DEs.   Again this should be taken up on

I'd like to spot to my blog with a explanation on why a Oyranos settings
panel is not yet ready:
http://www.behrmann.name/wind/oyranos/oyranos_2007.11.16.html
In short I'd like to pack the options (or settings) into a struct to get
more control for them (adding features later).

The code for logic and UI was separated right from the beginning.
The non UI Oyranos library has no preference where to render the Oyranos
standard options(/settings) be it GTK, FLTK, a HTML page or ncurses.

> OpenICC list.

kind regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--