[arachne] Re: CHANGE OF PERSONNEL

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2008 08:49:47 +0930

On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 19:50:14 -0500, L.D. Best wrote:

> There is an even bigger problem with JavaScript:  Most designers who use
> it on web pages have no idea how it works, so they use 'free templates'
> and fill in the part(s) they want to use on their page(s).  The majority
> of the time they even leave in instructions!  A javascript section which
> does a simple transfer to another page when X happens can run to well
> over 100 lines of 'script', the majority of which is simply dross.

The same thing happens with a lot of HTML. On the occasions when I get
an HTML-only email that seems to be disproportionately large when
compared to the displayed page, I have checked it with F6 and usually
found line after line after line of redundant text/page formatting....

> Trying to wade through that sort of mess with a 'simple' work-around is
> far from simple.

Yes indeed :-(((((

Too many people just don't care.....

    Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
    and remember what peace there may be in silence.
        "Desiderata", Max Ehrmann, copyright 1952.

   ,-./\
  /     \ From Greg Mayman, in beautiful Adelaide, South Australia
  \_,-*_/   "Queen City of The South"  35d 01'44"S  138d 32'13"E