[arachne] Re: CHANGE OF PERSONNEL

  • From: Jason <jasorn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 18:08:08 -0500

Ron Clarke wrote:

Hi Folks,

On Thu, 4 Dec 2008 00:31:48 -0500, Brian C. Murphy wrote:

If we do not attract enough volunteer skilled and ambitious programmers
to continue, I suggest we pool funds and hire a programmer or two to
continue Arachne development to at least the Java Script and SSL level.

   Arachne is GPL.   There could be complications with paying for a
programmer, regarding the GPL licence. Payment may be linked to
ownership.
Paying programmers to work on gpl projects is totally kosher. Payment can't be linked to ownership though. Sounds a little expensive though. Arachne at FreeLists -- Arachne, The Premier GPL Web Browser/Suite for DOS --