[arachne] Re: CHANGE OF PERSONNEL

  • From: Glenn Gilbreath Jr. <wizard57m@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 17:38:17 -0600

Ron,
FYI...16 bit SSL and JavaScript have been done in past!  Windows 3.1 has Opera
as well as MS IE, probably others as well, but both of these I've used.  JS
support doesn't work as well, mainly due to script sizes exceeding memory
allocation, as well as new function calls in later editions.  SSL up to 128 bit
is supported in MSIE5.
Neither of these are dependent on 32 bit opcodes, since Win32s are not required.

In DOS, it may be only 32 bit code is available for SSL, don't have any idea on
JavaScript.  Never seen a DOS browser with JS support.

Wiz

Glenn Gilbreath Jr.
Wizard57M
http://www.geocities.com/wizard57m/index.html