[arachne] Re: CHANGE OF PERSONNEL

  • From: "L.D. Best" <l.d.best@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 19:50:14 -0500

There is an even bigger problem with JavaScript: Most designers who use it on web pages have no idea how it works, so they use 'free templates' and fill in the part(s) they want to use on their page(s). The majority of the time they even leave in instructions! A javascript section which does a simple transfer to another page when X happens can run to well over 100 lines of 'script', the majority of which is simply dross.

Trying to wade through that sort of mess with a 'simple' work-around is far from simple.

l.d.
=====

Glenn Gilbreath Jr. wrote:

Re: JavaScript workarounds in Arachne...
I've done similar, when the target of a script has a defined URL.  Press F2 to edit page,
highlight URL inside JS, CTRL+C to copy to temp, exit editor, move to address input bar,
CTRL+V to paste URL and press enter.  But the number of these types of JS pages are few.
Most JS contains operands to "write document if condition X is met" etc.
Wiz

Glenn Gilbreath Jr.
Wizard57M
http://www.geocities.com/wizard57m/index.html